Cooperating with communities
Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage (DMUCH) deal with the various problem-solving through the activities that cooperating with communities, local governments, businesses, and research institutions. Anyone who would like to know more details about community-cooperate and cooperate-research with DMUCH, please contact our research members or DMUCH secretariat.
Our community-cooperation in Japan
- Research of the GIS for the practical using and circulation of the geospatial information under the historical urban planning
- Project of the cultural conservation against the landslide disaster
- Research on the development of the vibration control system which adopt for the traditional wooden buildings
- Field survey on the various responses against the cultural heritage after the artificial disaster
- Review for the commercialization of the information network of the community disaster prevention, the evaluation of the component devices and consultation supports with the local governments and residents
From the left, setting up the fire extinguisher, investigation-research of the formerly-Kaya-Cho yakuba (town hall building), the workshop od the Map Contest for community safety
The Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage (DMUCH) aim to expand the network of research with overseas through having the collaborative researches with international organizations, nation’s communities’ organizations and universities which deal with cultural conservation and disaster prevention, holding the symposiums, and agreements of research cooperation. So far, the ITC is organized in cooperation with researchers and relevant of the government more than from 60 countries.
Agreements with international organizations and regional organizations
- International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
- Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization, Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SEAMEO–SPAFA)
Agreements with overseas’ universities and organizations
- Research institutes and government organizations in East Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe, and North America
Ritsumeikan University UNESCO Chair Programme on “Cultural Heritage and Risk Managements” INTERNATIONAL TRAINING COURSE (ITC)