UNESCO Chair Programme on Cultural Herit...
“Fire Broke Out in the Main Hall and Surrounding Buildings of Shuri Castle”
The fire that broke out in the main hall and surrounding buildings of Shuri Castle
was a shocking incident that reminds us of the necessity for the disaster mitigation
of cultural heritage and historic cities. Shuri Castle continues to be loved by not
only the local people but also people in other regions. It has been used for all sorts
of activities. This fire made us realize the importance band meaning of cultural
heritage, and it renewed our awareness of the importance of protecting our cultural
News & Notices
- The Institute will be closed from August 11 (Fri.) to August 20 (Sun.) for the summer vacation
- Announcement of Program for the 17th Symposium the ×th Symposium on Disaster Mitigation of Cultural Heritage and Historic Cities
- INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT for the International Training Course 2023 on “Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage “
- UNESCO Chair Programme on Cultural Heritage and Risk Management
- International Training Course (ITC) on Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University
- Symposium on Disaster Mitigation of Cultural Heritage and Historical Cities
- Presentations of academic research articles and report papers of investigations and case studies in protecting cultural heritage sites and historical cities from natural disaster.
International Training Course ...
Presentations of academic rese...
A project to consider children...
For those suffered by the rece...
available in Japanese
A new generation risk map usin...
Collaborative research project...
Distribution with the collabor...
Cultural assets in areas struc...