UNESCO Chair Programme on Cultural Herit...
“Fire Broke Out in the Main Hall and Surrounding Buildings of Shuri Castle”
The fire that broke out in the main hall and surrounding buildings of Shuri Castle
was a shocking incident that reminds us of the necessity for the disaster mitigation
of cultural heritage and historic cities. Shuri Castle continues to be loved by not
only the local people but also people in other regions. It has been used for all sorts
of activities. This fire made us realize the importance band meaning of cultural
heritage, and it renewed our awareness of the importance of protecting our cultural
Challenges in protecting cultural heritage sites and historical cities from natural hazards and man-made disasters still require immediate attentions and ideas for the resolutions. This year, we will once again host the “Symposium on Disaster Mitigation of Cultural Heritage and Historical Cities” and hold debates pertaining to disaster mitigation for cultural heritage sites and historical cities. We are soliciting both refereed papers and non-refereed reports in accordance with the guidelines below and welcome your submissions.
- UNESCO Chair Programme on Cultural Heritage and Risk Management
- International Training Course (ITC) on Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University
- Symposium on Disaster Mitigation of Cultural Heritage and Historical Cities
- Presentations of academic research articles and report papers of investigations and case studies in protecting cultural heritage sites and historical cities from natural disaster.
- Our website has been renewed.
- Workshop on “Good Practices for Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage” has been finished.
- Introduction of the Book” The Memory of 2015 Nepal Earthquake -Experience of Local Residents Utilizing Traditional Resources in UNESCO World Heritage Site”
International Training Course ...
Presentations of academic rese...
A project to consider children...
For those suffered by the rece...
available in Japanese
A new generation risk map usin...
Collaborative research project...
Distribution with the collabor...
Cultural assets in areas struc...